The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for managing andimplementing fundraising campaigns and events for the benefit ofscientific research. Build and foster relationships with potentialdonors and patrons to expand the organization’s philanthropicbase.
Location: Aspen, CO.
Classification: This is a full time, year round, exempt positionwith benefits.
Approximate Start Date: December 1st, 2020.
- Serves as a key member of the SPRI development team.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors anddevelop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Conversant with all aspects and details of SPRI’s research andeducation programs and with the patient services provided by TheSteadman Clinic.
- Integrally involved in the execution of SPRI’s developmentplan, which includes annual and capital fundraising goals andobjectives, strategies and tactics to be employed in each aspect ofthe development program and the scheduling of fundraisingactivities.
- Ensures timely and accurate report deliveries to donors.
- Adheres to SPRI safety policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacyrights.
- Maintains confidentiality of acquired information, exercisinggood judgment and discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years fund development or sales/marketingexperience, preferably in the non-profit healthcare arena.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, or relevantfield.
- Well connected in the donor community.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of donor softwareprograms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, includingthe ability to make effective presentations to groups of people ofall sizes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to workeffectively with health professionals.
- Exceptional attention to detail in executing numerous and oftencomplex and time-sensitive actions simultaneously.
- High ethical standards.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement Plan match up to 4%
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
For more information regarding our organization, visit ourwebsite at: www.sprivail.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed toequal treatment of all employees without regard to race, nationalorigin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status,physical or mental disability or other basis protected bylaw.