Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 3.3% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM ET on January 30th. During the last week, Litecoin has traded down 3.9% against the US dollar. Litecoin has a market cap of $12.09 billion and approximately $1.05 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $218.54 or 0.02034120 BTC on exchanges including VirtacoinWorld, Bitbank, Coinsquare and BTC-Alpha.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0684 or 0.00000637 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0068 or 0.00000063 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003306 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00006058 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00012737 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.59 or 0.00024096 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $4.69 or 0.00043676 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003382 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00001600 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.72 or 0.00025348 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,324,483 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bibox, Huobi, QuadrigaCX, BITHOLIC, CryptoBridge, Exmo, Coinsquare, Bitstamp, WEX, Gate.io, Kucoin, Koinim, Bitsane, COSS, Coinhouse, Bits Blockchain, GDAX, RightBTC, Bittylicious, LiteBit.eu, Coinroom, YoBit, Mr. Exchange, Tripe Dice Exchange, HitBTC, BtcTrade.im, Braziliex, Tidex, FreiExchange, BigONE, Exrates, BTC Trade UA, Bitcoin Indonesia, Binance, Cryptopia, C-CEX, GOPAX, RippleFox, CoinEgg, BTC-Alpha, CoinsBank, Bithumb, ChaoEX, Bitso, Coinbene, TDAX, OpenLedger DEX, Gatecoin, VirtacoinWorld, TOPBTC, Bitlish, Bitbank, Coinone, LocalTrade, BitKonan, Coinut, Poloniex, Livecoin, Bitfinex, DSX, CoinEx, Tux Exchange, Bleutrade, BitMarket, Bit2C, Bittrex, Bitinka, Koineks, Coingi, Bit-Z, Negocie Coins, OKCoin.cn, Abucoins, Dgtmarket, Stocks.Exchange, BitFlip, Bisq, Trade Satoshi, BitGrail, The Rock Trading, EXX, Upbit, Cryptomate, OKEx, xBTCe, Liqui, Qryptos, NIX-E, Allcoin, Koinex, BX Thailand, Mercatox, CoolCoin, BCEX, CoinFalcon, Bitmaszyna, SouthXchange, ZB.COM, OkCoin Intl., BitBay, Altcoin Trader, CoinExchange, Cryptox, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Mercado Bitcoin, Coinrail, Kraken, AEX and BTC Markets. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Gemini.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.