Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 4.2% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on January 30th. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for approximately $36.86 or 0.00343093 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including GOPAX, CoinFalcon, EXX and OKEx. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $3.69 billion and approximately $792.48 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 7.3% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10,882.30 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $863.81 or 0.08040080 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,334.46 or 0.12420800 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $218.54 or 0.02034120 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 7.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $316.04 or 0.02941570 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $126.95 or 0.01181600 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $444.63 or 0.04138470 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 25.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.00 or 0.00083741 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0684 or 0.00000637 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Profile
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its launch date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,030,850 coins. The official message board for Ethereum Classic is forum.ethereum.org. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OKEx, bitFlyer, Quoine, Bitbank, Bitstamp, BigONE, RightBTC, Korbit, Gate.io, Qryptos, Cryptopia, BitBay, CoinFalcon, Kraken, YoBit, EXX, Gemini, EtherDelta, Tidex, Huobi, Bitinka, ChaoEX, Coinnest, Mercatox, Coinbene, Coinsquare, Kucoin, Bithumb, Gatehub, Koineks, BTCTurk, Bitfinex, CoolCoin, Coinone, Liqui, Bancor Network, Bit-Z, CEX.IO, Tidebit, Bitcoin Indonesia, ACX, Coinut, Lbank, Bibox, Upbit, BitGrail, Allcoin, WEX, Exmo, Binance, Cobinhood, DSX, Poloniex, Coinrail, GDAX, HitBTC, Bitso, Koinex, Livecoin, TOPBTC, Mr. Exchange, Independent Reserve, QuadrigaCX, COSS, xBTCe, BX Thailand, BTC Markets, Gatecoin, CoinExchange, ZB.COM, BtcTrade.im, GOPAX, Bittrex and CoinEgg. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.