- A PhD in Theoretical Physics or a related discipline completed within the last five years
- Experience with High Performance Computing and programming for massively parallel computers
- Experience with quantum many-body methods
- Experience in quantum computing and quantum simulations of strongly correlated many-fermionic systems such as atomic nuclei, atoms, or molecular systems
- Astrong computational science background
- Familiarity with coupled-cluster theory
- Understanding of application development techniques (numerical methods, solution algorithms, programming models, and software) at scale (large processor/node counts)
- A record of productive and creative research as proven by publications in peer-reviewed journals and letters of reference from active practitioners in the field
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in English to an international scientific audience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative and frequently interacting teams of researchers
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing needs
- Experience with MPI, OpenMP, parallel I/O (including HDF5), CUDA and/or OpenACC, FORTRAN, Python
Applicants cannot have received their Ph.D. more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. The appointment length will be up to 24 months with the potential for extension. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
Three letters of reference are required and can be uploaded to your profile or emailed directly to PSDrecruit@ornl.gov. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.